Ciocia Laura's Note:
This is a favourite from 30 Minute Meals although I alter it a bit. For example, it works out quite well with all bone-in dark meat. Some sherry or cider vinegar can be substitued for some of the wine and wine vinegar. I have been liberal with cooking time since leaving the bone in increases the cooking time. Preparation is VERY easy, though -- despite the number of steps which are truly easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (leave bone in if you wish) (optional) or 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins, depending on cost (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups beef broth (yes, beef broth)
- 1Heat a large, heavy, deep skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, half the chicken pieces and a couple of crushed cloves of garlic.
- 4Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side and remove from pan.
- 5Add remaining oil and swirl around pan. Add remaining chicken pieces and garlic. Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side and remove.
- 6Add vinegar to the pan and let it sizzle till most evaporates.
- 7Add butter, shallots, and rosemary to the pan and cook 2 minutes.
- 8Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- 9Whisk in wine and allow to reduce and thicken for 1 minute.
- 10Whisk in broth and bring liquids up to a low boil.
- 11Return chicken to the pan and simmer over moderate heat 7 to 8 minutes for boneless (or nearly double that for bone-in) to cook chicken thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Tuscan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 318.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar