Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a favourite from 30 Minute Meals although I alter it a bit. For example, it works out quite well with all bone-in dark meat. Some sherry or cider vinegar can be substitued for some of the wine and wine vinegar. I have been liberal with cooking time since leaving the bone in increases the cooking time. Preparation is VERY easy, though -- despite the number of steps which are truly easy.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (leave bone in if you wish) (optional) or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenderloins, depending on cost (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups beef broth (yes, beef broth)
- Heat a large, heavy, deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, half the chicken pieces and a couple of crushed cloves of garlic.
- Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side and remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil and swirl around pan. Add remaining chicken pieces and garlic. Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side and remove.
- Add vinegar to the pan and let it sizzle till most evaporates.
- Add butter, shallots, and rosemary to the pan and cook 2 minutes.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in wine and allow to reduce and thicken for 1 minute.
- Whisk in broth and bring liquids up to a low boil.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer over moderate heat 7 to 8 minutes for boneless (or nearly double that for bone-in) to cook chicken thoroughly.
I made this last night and simplified it quite a bit. Just sauteed shallot and garlic in oil, added chicken, browned on both sides, added rosemary, wine, vinegar (1/2 balsamic and 1/2 tarragon) and finally 1 can of beeth broth...Let it steep on low for about 15 min... voila! It was very tasty and I will make it again.
Very nice, served with gnocchi. There is plenty of sauce even though I only used broth cube without added liquid. Used thighs with skin and bones.
i've made this recipe time and time again, sometimes to varying degrees and it is always hit.