Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love this because it's fast and simple to make and tasty. Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped (red or green)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bay leaf (fresh or dried)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey meat (light and dark, diced)
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- coarse salt
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels (or leftover prepared corn)
- 32 ounces crushed tomatoes (chunky style)
- 2 cups chicken stock (or chicken broth, paper contained or canned)
- 2 scallions, chopped (white and greens)
- Heat a deep pot over medium high heat.
- Work close to the stove for your chopping.
- Add oil to the pot, 1 turn of the pan, and add vegetables as you chop them.
- Add bay leaf and cook vegetables 5 minutes, stirring frequently, reducing heat if veggies start to stick.
- Stir in diced turkey meat and season with chili powder, cumin, and cayenne sauce.
- Season with a little salt, to taste.
- Add corn, tomatoes, and broth.
- Combine your chili well, adjust seasonings, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 7 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish chili with chopped scallions.