I love this because it's fast and simple to make and tasty. Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped (red or green)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bay leaf (fresh or dried)
- 1 1/2 lbs turkey meat (light and dark, diced)
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- coarse salt
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels (or leftover prepared corn)
- 32 ounces crushed tomatoes (chunky style)
- 2 cups chicken stock (or chicken broth, paper contained or canned)
- 2 scallions, chopped (white and greens)
- 1Heat a deep pot over medium high heat.
- 2Work close to the stove for your chopping.
- 3Add oil to the pot, 1 turn of the pan, and add vegetables as you chop them.
- 4Add bay leaf and cook vegetables 5 minutes, stirring frequently, reducing heat if veggies start to stick.
- 5Stir in diced turkey meat and season with chili powder, cumin, and cayenne sauce.
- 6Season with a little salt, to taste.
- 7Add corn, tomatoes, and broth.
- 8Combine your chili well, adjust seasonings, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 7 to 10 minutes.
- 9Garnish chili with chopped scallions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Turkey Corn Chili
Serving Size: 1 (775 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.5
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 653.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 50.7 g