Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from Rachael Ray's early days on the foodnetwork I had written down in my notebook. I was surprised it hadn't been posted here yet so here it is!
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 10 coconut macaroons or 10 coconut cookies, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped maraschino cherry, chopped plus
- 6 maraschino cherries
- hot fudge or chocolate syrup
- 2 ounces salted nuts, topping
- Mix together softened vanilla ice cream (you can soften it in the microwave on defrost for up to 1 minute), crushed coconut cookies, semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped cherries. Refreeze for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, scoop ice cream into 6 serving bowls. Top with heated hot fudge sauce or chocolate syrup and nut topping. Garnish each sundae with a whole cherry and serve.
Wonderful, easy dessert! Made for My Three Chefs! If you want to impress your guests this is the recipe! I made homemade hot fudge sauce!