Recipe by ChefRed
From her latest cookbook, Express Lane Meals. According to Rachael, "Grilled meat, salad, take-out Thai food, and pizza, all in one meal? There are no special ingredients required; you can get them all in the regular market, and have this pizza on the table in less time than it would take the delivery man to get to your door."
Top Review by 2CsMom
I used Hoisin sauce instead of duck or plum sauce, but otherwise changed nothing. When cooking the chicken in the skillet the sauce will burn really fast if there's not enough oil in the pan, but cooks up nicely otherwise. Wasn't too sure about the mix of flavors the first time, but it grew on me and I like this for a change from the traditional pizza toppings.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup Chinese duck sauce or 1⁄2 cup plum sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10 ounces provolone cheese (2 cups) or 10 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning, such as McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cutlets (4)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts, a couple of handfuls
- fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Form the pizza crust on a pizza pan or cookie sheet. Top it with duck or plum sauce, spreading it around like you would pizza sauce. Sprinkle the pizza with some red pepper flakes, then top it with the cheese and bell peppers. Bake until golden and bubbly, 15 to 17 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the vegetable oil, soy sauce, and peanut butter with the hot sauce and grill seasoning. Use the microwave to loosen up the peanut butter if it is too cold to blend into sauce; 10 seconds ought to do it. Coat the chicken evenly with the mixture and let it stand for 10 minutes. Preheat a grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken cutlets for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until firm. Slice the chicken into very thin strips.
- While the chicken cooks, mix the honey and vinegar in a medium bowl. Add the cucumber and turn to coat in the dressing.
- When the pizza comes out of the oven, top it with the chicken, scallions, sprouts, and cilantro. Drain the cucumbers and scatter them over the pizza. Garnish the pizza with peanuts, cut it into 8 wedges, and serve.