Recipe by kwlabear
I found this in Rachael Ray's November mag. It needed cutting down because it was simply too big. I also added some brown sugar to it to make it a bit sweeter.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut potatoes into quarters and place in saucepan.
- Cover with water and boil about 20 minutes. The skins will peel off easily.
- Drain potatoes; mash in pan.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in blender and process until smooth and well blended.
- Add potatoes and process until smooth.
- Pour into greased 2 quart dish.
- Bake 50 minutes or until set but still jiggly in the center. Top with brown sugar and drizzle it with maple syrup.
- Serve warm.