Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another one from Rachael Ray's cookbook.
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of, small
- 170.09 g Baby Spinach, chopped
- 425.24 g can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 149.68 g ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 118.29 ml pitted black olives, such as kalamata, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 453.59 g penne or 453.59 g other short pasta, cooked al dente, cooled and well drained
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- Combine the first three ingredients in the bottom of a serving bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss till well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- This makes 8 side dishes.
This is just packed with flavor. We really enjoyed it. I used half ricotta and half mozzarella (because that's all I had on hand), but otherwise stuck to the recipe as written. The kalamata olives gave it a Mediterranean touch, but there were plenty of other wonderful flavor sensations going on in this salad, too. This will be my go-to recipe for potluck parties and other large gathrings. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Shirl(J)831. Made for the "Best of 2011" tag game.
Wow, this is a sensational vegetarian meal! We loved the tang and the base the ricotta creates. The ingredients meld together perfectly. I followed other reviewers and used only one tablespoon of olive oil and low fat ricotta. I also subbed green onion and added more parsley. It certainly doesn't need it, but the second time I made this I added 2 diced red peppers, and that added great color and crunch to the dish. We ate this for dinner (fed 4 as a main), but I think it would also be great for a picnic or potluck. This is one of those dishes that's hard to stop eating!
This stuff was absolutly fantastic. I was able to sneak in the healthy food on my boys. I have 2 360 pound boys at home and they refuse to eat anything on the healthy side. I was able to sneak some goodies in on this and they actually enjoyed it. I however think this would be excellent with some shrimp or crab meat in it. I loved this!!! Thanks or posting!