Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Another one from Rachael Ray's cookbook.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This is just packed with flavor. We really enjoyed it. I used half ricotta and half mozzarella (because that's all I had on hand), but otherwise stuck to the recipe as written. The kalamata olives gave it a Mediterranean touch, but there were plenty of other wonderful flavor sensations going on in this salad, too. This will be my go-to recipe for potluck parties and other large gathrings. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Shirl(J)831. Made for the "Best of 2011" tag game.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of, small
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 lb ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, such as kalamata, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb other short pasta, cooked al dente, cooled and well drained
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper