I'm always looking for a good turkey/chicken burger and this is WONDERFUL. Juicy, full of flavor and not a bland thing about it. Serve with a yogurt cucumber sauce if you like. Works very well on the George Foreman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (dried will work)
- 1/4 lb feta, crumbles
- 1 1/3 lbs ground chicken or 1 1/3 lbs ground turkey breast, 1 package
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended, Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2To one side, add a little extra-virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
- 3When butter melts, add the chopped garlic and chopped red onion and cook 5 minutes. Transfer the onions and garlic to a bowl to cool.
- 4Return pan to heat.
- 5Squeeze all the water out of the thawed spinach.
- 6Separate the spinach as you add it to the bowl with cool onions, garlic and season with 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- 7Add in feta crumbles then chicken or turkey, grill seasoning and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 8Mix and form into 4 patties, 1-inch thick.
- 9Raise heat on pan to medium-high.
- 10Add patties and cook 6 minutes on each side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Spanakopita Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 138.8 mg
- Sodium 517.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: