Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm always looking for a good turkey/chicken burger and this is WONDERFUL. Juicy, full of flavor and not a bland thing about it. Serve with a yogurt cucumber sauce if you like. Works very well on the George Foreman.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (dried will work)
- 1⁄4 lb feta, crumbles
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground chicken or 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey breast, 1 package
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended, Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- To one side, add a little extra-virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
- When butter melts, add the chopped garlic and chopped red onion and cook 5 minutes. Transfer the onions and garlic to a bowl to cool.
- Return pan to heat.
- Squeeze all the water out of the thawed spinach.
- Separate the spinach as you add it to the bowl with cool onions, garlic and season with 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Add in feta crumbles then chicken or turkey, grill seasoning and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Mix and form into 4 patties, 1-inch thick.
- Raise heat on pan to medium-high.
- Add patties and cook 6 minutes on each side.