Recipe by riffraff
I'm always looking for a good turkey/chicken burger and this is WONDERFUL. Juicy, full of flavor and not a bland thing about it. Serve with a yogurt cucumber sauce if you like. Works very well on the George Foreman.
Top Review by 2TSMOM
Excellant!!!! My husband (who doesn't eat feta or spinach) LOVED it!!!! So did my 6 yr. old (the only one who wasn't impressed was my 3 yr. old). The only change I made was to add a handful of dried breadcrumbs. I topped this with tzatziki and served with roasted veggies. Thank you and God Bless!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (dried will work)
- 1⁄4 lb feta, crumbles
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground chicken or 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey breast, 1 package
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended, Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- To one side, add a little extra-virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
- When butter melts, add the chopped garlic and chopped red onion and cook 5 minutes. Transfer the onions and garlic to a bowl to cool.
- Return pan to heat.
- Squeeze all the water out of the thawed spinach.
- Separate the spinach as you add it to the bowl with cool onions, garlic and season with 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Add in feta crumbles then chicken or turkey, grill seasoning and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Mix and form into 4 patties, 1-inch thick.
- Raise heat on pan to medium-high.
- Add patties and cook 6 minutes on each side.