Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm always looking for a good turkey/chicken burger and this is WONDERFUL. Juicy, full of flavor and not a bland thing about it. Serve with a yogurt cucumber sauce if you like. Works very well on the George Foreman.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (dried will work)
- 1⁄4 lb feta, crumbles
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground chicken or 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey breast, 1 package
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended, Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- To one side, add a little extra-virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
- When butter melts, add the chopped garlic and chopped red onion and cook 5 minutes. Transfer the onions and garlic to a bowl to cool.
- Return pan to heat.
- Squeeze all the water out of the thawed spinach.
- Separate the spinach as you add it to the bowl with cool onions, garlic and season with 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Add in feta crumbles then chicken or turkey, grill seasoning and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Mix and form into 4 patties, 1-inch thick.
- Raise heat on pan to medium-high.
- Add patties and cook 6 minutes on each side.
Excellant!!!! My husband (who doesn't eat feta or spinach) LOVED it!!!! So did my 6 yr. old (the only one who wasn't impressed was my 3 yr. old). The only change I made was to add a handful of dried breadcrumbs. I topped this with tzatziki and served with roasted veggies. Thank you and God Bless!
Excellent burger! I made as directed using a 20 ounce package of ground turkey breast, it yielded four huge burgers. I used the leftover half of red onion (chopped) and combined it with 3 chopped roma tomatoes and some feta cheese and used it as a yummy topper! I will be making these again. Riff, thanks for posting!
These were delicious on the BBQ......just added 1/2-3/4 cup breadcrumbs to keep them together....served with Tzatziki sauce with or without a bun