Recipe by Nimita Patel
My FAVORITE burger ever- made with chicken or turkey meat it's healthy, but filling. I have also grilled the burgers on the barbeque, and they come out better.
Top Review by eesmith5118
OMG!!! This was fabulous! I did not have frozen spinach but I had fresh. I chopped up a 5 oz. package and put it in the skillet after having cooked the garlic and onions. I cooked it about 2-3 minutes and then followed the recipe. I did not have steak seasoning or plain oregano, but I did have McCormick's Greek Seasoning Mix, which is a mixture of garlic, oregano and mint. I used a teaspoon of that, along with 1/3 teaspoon of salt and mixed with all the other ingredients. This was better than what I have paid $25 for at my neighborhood Greek restaurant. I will definitely be keeping this recipe and using it again and again. Thanks so much Nimita!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red onion, 1/2 chopped (save other half for topping!)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground chicken breast or 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey breast, 1 package
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (or other seasoning of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- To one side, add a little extra-virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
- When butter melts, add the chopped garlic and chopped red onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Transfer the onions and garlic to a bowl to cool. Return pan to heat.
- Wring the defrosted spinach dry buy twisting it in a clean kitchen towel over your sink.
- Separate the spinach as you add it to the bowl with cool onions, garlic and season with 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Add in feta crumbles then chicken or turkey, grill seasoning and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Mix and form into 4 patties, 1-inch thick. Raise heat on pan to medium-high.
- Add patties and cook 6 inches on each side.
- Place on buns, top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and red onion.