Recipe by cookandcookagain
I found this recipe on foodnetwork.com. After making these for my BF i was convinced that these are the way to go! We both loved them, and couldn't get enough! Next time I am going to try the chive cream cheese in this...
Top Review by Diana #2
Very nice version of mashed potatoes. I happen to have Herb and Garlic cream cheese on hand, so I used that. I also used parsley, as the chives are now covered with snow. Thanks Perfektlys for a lovely recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2009
- 1133.98 g small yukon gold potatoes
- 118.29 ml half-and-half or 118.29 ml whole milk
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 10 chives or 2 scallions
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until tender, 15 minutes. While the water boils and when the potatoes are cooking, chop or snip the chives or scallions.
- When the potatoes are tender, drain them and return them to the hot pot to let them dry out a bit.
- Mash potatoes with half-and-half or milk using a potato masher.
- Add in the cream cheese and smash until the cheese melts into the potatoes.
- Add chives or scallions.
- Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.