Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on a recent Rachael Ray 30 minute meals show and loved it! Smashed Cauliflower with cheeses. Rachael Ray used fresh cauliflower...I found it really expensive in the store, so I tried frozen...still so very good...everyone in my family LOVED it! She also said it was a low carb substitute for mashed potatoes. I am giving you MY recipe for the same dish.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese (Rachael Ray used Parmesan Reggiano)
- 2 cups chicken broth (Rachael Ray used beef broth)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Bring chicken broth to a boil (Rachael Ray used beef broth).
- Add frozen cauliflower.
- Boil for about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain -- in case there is too much liquid -- Add cheeses, butter and more broth if it is too thin for your taste.
- Smash with a masher. Should be the consistency of mashed potatoes.-- yum!
I cannot give this enough stars. I used frozen cauliflower, sharp cheddar cheese and the new McCormick's Perfect Pinch in Parmesean Herb. This is wonderful and my DH had 3 helpings. A definite winner!
Great substitute for mashed potatoes. Non cauliflower lovers will also love this.
Wow- can't believe something so simple is SO good! I followed the recipe as written but halved the recipe as I only had one bag of cauliflower. We all LOVED this. My nine year old after cleaning the serving bowl asked if he could lick the spoon :) Next time I will make the full batch as we all wanted more. Will be making again and again!