Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I took Rachael's recipe and made it a bit lighter
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 6 ounces green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 3⁄4 lb frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- juice of half a lime
- In a sauce pan bring 2.5 cups of water and 2/3 cup of coconut milk and 1.5 tsps of salt to boil over high heat. Stir in the rice, cover, lower the heat and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid is absorbed - 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a medium skillet, heat the remaining coconut milk over medium heat. Whisk in the curry paste. Stir in the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Add the peas and shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes; Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice.