Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Boy, when Rachael nails it, it's good. We absolutely fell in love with this breakfast recipe. We always use goat cheese, but feta, blue, or any other cheese would work.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 lb salami, chopped
- 2 -3 scallions, chopped. Onion will work
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley (optional) or basil (to garnish) (optional)
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and salami.
- Cook until salami renders some fat and starts to turn a deep burgundy color, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir 30 seconds.
- Add scallions or onion and cook 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Add tomato and cook another minute.
- In a large fry pan over medium heat, scramble eggs and cheese until eggs are not quite done.
- Add salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- Add salami mixture to eggs and cheese and scramble together until eggs are done.
- Garnish with parsley or basil if desired.
This is delicious and full of flavor. I used Boursin cheese flavored with garlic and herbs,(I saw Rachael use it for this recipe). In my opinion, extra salt isn't necessary - there's plenty in the salami. The basil garnish is a nice touch. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe!