1/1 Photo of Rachael Ray's Roasted Poblano Steak Chili
Chef Petunia's Note:
A very good spicy chili. For the meat I added 2 pounds of steak and a 1/2 pound of ground beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling (EVOO)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs sirloin, trimmed, thinly cut and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 12 ounces dark Mexican beer, negro modelo
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- lime, juice and zest of
- 1/2 lb manchego cheese
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 1Preheat broiler to high.
- 2To roast the poblano peppers, drizzle them with EVOO, season with salt and pepper, and place on a cookie sheet. Transfer to the broiler, turning every 1-2 minutes, until charred on each side.
- 3Remove from the oven, place in a brown paper bag and seal to keep the steam in for about 10-15 minutes. If you do not have a brown paper bag, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for about 10-15 minutes.
- 4After that time, peel the skin off, remove the seeds and stem, and chop into bite-size pieces.
- 5While the peppers are steaming in the bag or bowl, place a large dutch oven over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons EVOO, 2 turns of the pan. Add the steak and brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- 6Add the red onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander and smoked paprika to the pot and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- 7Add the beer, scraping the bottom of the pan with the back of a wooden spoon to release any brown bits. Add the tomatoes, chopped poblano peppers, lime zest and juice, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 8To serve, ladle a portion of the chili into a bowl and top with grated manchego cheese and finely sliced scallions.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Roasted Poblano Steak Chili
Serving Size: 1 (660 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.7
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 526.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 68.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: