Recipe by Lainey6605
I got this from the March 2008 edition of Rachael Ray's magazine. It looks like something my family would enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 (12 ounce) bagwhole grain pretzels
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 large eggs
- 2 zucchini, halved crosswise and cut into sticks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute, then whisk in the chicken broth and milk.
- When the milk begins to bubble, stir in the cheese and mustard.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Using a food processor, finely grind the pretzels.
- Transfer to a shallow bowl and add the thyme.
- In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
- Coat the zucchini with the pretzel crumbs, then the egg, then the pretzel crumbs again.
- Repeat with the chicken.
- In large skillet, heat 1/2 cup olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken in 2 batches, turning, until firm, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels; keep warm on a baking sheet in the oven.
- Repeat with the zucchini, adding more oil if necessary.
- Serve the chicken fingers and zucchini sticks with the cheese sauce.