1/6 Photos of Rachael Ray's Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Fingers and Zucchini
I got this from the March 2008 edition of Rachael Ray's magazine. It looks like something my family would enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 (12 ounce) bag whole grain pretzels
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 large eggs
- 2 zucchini, halved crosswise and cut into sticks
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute, then whisk in the chicken broth and milk.
- 3When the milk begins to bubble, stir in the cheese and mustard.
- 4Season the sauce with salt and pepper, remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- 5Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- 6Using a food processor, finely grind the pretzels.
- 7Transfer to a shallow bowl and add the thyme.
- 8In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
- 9Coat the zucchini with the pretzel crumbs, then the egg, then the pretzel crumbs again.
- 10Repeat with the chicken.
- 11In large skillet, heat 1/2 cup olive oil over medium heat.
- 12Cook the chicken in 2 batches, turning, until firm, about 3 minutes on each side.
- 13Drain on paper towels; keep warm on a baking sheet in the oven.
- 14Repeat with the zucchini, adding more oil if necessary.
- 15Serve the chicken fingers and zucchini sticks with the cheese sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Fingers and Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1291.9
- Calories from Fat 706
- Total Fat 78.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 374.1 mg
- Sodium 2039.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 69.1 g