Scrapbook Lori's Note:
This recipe came from Rachael Ray magazine. It is so simple, and FABULOUS! The onions and bacon add wonderful flavor. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook penne to al dente in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- 2Reserve 1 ladle of cooking water, then drain pasta and transfer to serving bowl.
- 3While pasta is cooking, fry bacon until crisp in a skillet, and transfer to plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- 4Drain most of grease from skillet, leaving a small amount in skillet.
- 5Add onions and cook until golden.
- 6Stir onions and ricotta into pasta along with reserved pasta cooking water.
- 7Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it over the pasta along with the basil.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Penne With Ricotta and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.3
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 313.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 17.2 g