Saw this on Rachael Ray's 4th of July show this year and had to try it. We were very pleased, this is a potato salad made with gnocchi. According to Rachael, this is a really good way to avoid the mess of peeling potatoes and hot boiling water for a long time in the July heat because gnocchi boils in just a couple minutes. Also, if you're making it for a BBQ you don't have to worry about it sitting out for a period of time because the dressing is oil based instead of mayo based like most potato salads. Enjoy!
- Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil the gnocchi.
- Once the water is boiling, drop the gnocchi into the pot and cook them for 3 minutes, or until they float.
- While the gnocchi are cooking, grab a large mixing bowl and whisk together the Dijon mustard and white wine vinegar.
- Stream the olive oil into the bowl while whisking, then season the dressing with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add your veggies and parsley to the mixing bowl.
- Drain the gnocchi and toss them, still hot, into the mixing bowl.
- You can serve the salad now or let it chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to develop more of the flavors.
- Freshen it up with an extra drizzle of olive oil when you are ready to serve.