Prep 2 hrs
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe from the Rachael Ray show. This is one of my all time favorite drinks. Just remember, a little goes a long way!!!!! Prep time is actually chill time for the glasses.
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry champagne
- 2 ounces triple sec or 2 ounces orange liqueur
- orange rind, curls (to garnish)
- Rinse and chill 4 champagne flutes in freezer to from the glasses.
- Pour 2 ounces of orange juice into each flute.
- Fill almost to rim with champagne.
- Top each glass with a splash of Triple Sec and garnish with orange curl.
Excellent. I brought all the ingredients to a brunch today and acted as "bartender". I used extra dry champagne, normal ol' orange juice, and a homemade grapefruit liqueur I had lying around (put de-pithed grapefruit peels in 1 1/2 cups grapefruit juice and a fifth of vodka in a ball jar for 1 month, then strained and aged another two months). They looked beautiful, tasted great (not too sweet because of the dry champagne), and it was a great way to use the liqueur!
I used Grand Marnier and what an amazing addition that is! It's a much more elegant mimosa than the typcial OJ and Champagne combo. Wonderful!
This is a great recipe! We had a mimosa party and planted Mimosa pudica seeds to grow our our TickleMe plant. What at blast we had. The TickleMe Plant is the only plant that moves and closes its leaves when you Tickle it. http://www.ticklemeplant.com