Recipe by juniperwoman
These burgers will satisfy two cravings at once: a craving for Italian food and a burger craving. Perfect. I found them in Rachael Ray's book "30-Minute Meals," and I haven’t tried them yet, so tell me how they are!
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 lb chopped chorizo sausage or 1⁄4 lb pepperoni
- chopped fresh oregano, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- romaine lettuce
- 1 firm tomatoes, sliced
- 4 rolls (try to find round, crusty, sesame-seeded ones)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef, tomato paste, chorizo or pepperoni, oregano, garlic, and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Now it's time to cook the burgers. Ray's directions are for grilling: cook burgers for 5 minutes on each side over medium-high gas heat or charcoal. But I bet you can just pan fry them or pop them on an indoor grill.
- In the last minute, melt a slice of provolone on each burger. Serve with romaine lettuce and slice tomato on crusty rolls.