1/1 Photo of Rachael Ray's Long Live the Chicken a La King!
This is Rachael Ray's take on the American classic. It's from one of her earlier cookbooks. Rachael serves this over canned biscuits (like GRANDS!) that have been separated, placed on a baking sheet and sprinkled with a pinch of cayenne pepper or sweet paprika, then baked according to package directions. I tried to include this in the recipe but for some reason the site will not let me list the canned biscuits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb small white mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1In a medium skillet over high heat, bring wine, chicken broth and bay leaf to a boil. Slide in chicken breasts. When liquid returns to a boil, lower to a simmer; gently poach chicken until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 2Preheat a second skillet over high heat. Add oil and butter. When butter has melted into oil, add mushrooms, onions, salt and pepper, and cook until tender, 5 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook another minute, stirring.
- 3Remove chicken from broth and set on a cutting board. Ladle 2 to 2 and 1/2 cups cooking liquid into the mushrooms, whisking it in; discard bay leaf. Add pimentos and peas to the sauce. Dice chicken into bite-sized pieces and slideinto the bubbling sauce. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Split large, warm biscuits and place bottoms on dinner plates and cover with ladles of chicken a la king, then top cap with biscuit tops and garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Long Live the Chicken a La King!
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.1
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 730.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 33.4 g