1/2 Photos of Rachael Ray's Linguine With Red Clam Sauce
rach's cupboard red clam sauce. Lots of clams and lots of flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan (EVOO)
- 1 (2 ounce) can flat anchovy fillets, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, eyeball it in your palm
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves (a couple of pinches)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (one-third palmful)
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (a couple of glugs)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans baby clams, in juice, 1 can drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (2 handfuls)
- 1 teaspoon rated lemon zest, for garnish
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- 2While the pasta cooks, prepare the sauce: Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat, add the EVOO (3 turns of the pan) and the anchovies and cook until the anchovies melt into the oil.
- 3Add the crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, thyme and garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the onion, raise the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, until the onion begins to soften. Add the wine and cook 1 minute, then stir in the clams with their juice plus the drained clams. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute to concentrate the flavors. Stir in the tomatoes and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste (be sure to taste the sauce before seasoning it; there's so much salt in the anchovies and clams that you may not need to add any).
- 4Drain the linguine, return it to the pot and add the sauce. Add half the parsley and toss. Adjust the salt and pepper and plate the pasta. Garnish it with the remaining parsley and a little lemon zest.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Linguine With Red Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (606 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.0
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.5 mg
- Sodium 2629.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 53.5 g