Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe has always been enticing to me, but as I have been sticking to a low-calorie diet, I have not had the opportunity to enjoy these!! I decided to replace a few ingredients with more "figure-friendly" ones, and I'd love to hear what you think! I love these (almost guilt-free) pancakes with a PASSION.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (or any nuts you prefer!)
- 3⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- cooking spray
- maple syrup (sugar free, if you desire) or honey, for drizzling
- Mix dry ingredients, the first 7, in a bowl.
- In a another bowl, mix the wet ingredients, the next 4. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined, then fold in the mashed up bananas and the raisins.
- Stir in the melted light butter.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook pancakes, each about 1/3 cup, until bubbles form on the top, then turn.
- Cakes will cook in about 2 minutes on each side.
- Keep pancakes tented with foil as they come off the griddle to keep them hot.
- Serve with drizzled honey or (sugar free) maple syrup over the top.
I gave this recipe 4 stars because it has potential. I didn't make it with the nuts because I didn't have them on hand. I don't know if it was me or the recipe but the texture was off a little. It was really thick batter and so added a little more milk and I'm not sure it was the right move. But the taste was pretty good! I like the oatmeal in them!