- 4 leeks, Trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 6 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut leeks in half length-wise & slice in 1/2" slices. Soak in water to clean.
- Heat soup pot over medium heat.
- Add EVOO, leeks, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice potatoes and add to pot as you go. Salt and pepper again if necessary.
- Add broth. Cover pot and bring to boil. Uncover and simmer 12-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Break up potatoes to thicken the soup.
- Remove bay leaf. Serve.