Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
For so few ingredients, this soup is divine! Very easy, simply yummy and a great side to nice sammie for a light meal.
- 4 leeks, Trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 6 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut leeks in half length-wise & slice in 1/2" slices. Soak in water to clean.
- Heat soup pot over medium heat.
- Add EVOO, leeks, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice potatoes and add to pot as you go. Salt and pepper again if necessary.
- Add broth. Cover pot and bring to boil. Uncover and simmer 12-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Break up potatoes to thicken the soup.
- Remove bay leaf. Serve.
Super quick, easy and tasty. Yummy!
Wanted a quick and thick soup and chose to make this one. Had everything at home and the family really enjoyed it. Thank you Angel 91805
DH and I really enjoyed this soup on a very cold, snowy day. I made as directed but think next time I might add some bacon for a little added flavor. I used my immersion blender at the end to thicken and smooth the soup. Made for "Let's PARTY -2010