Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
From Rachael's 2nd book.
Top Review by GrammaRobin
I make these regularly for my husband and I and love them. My 3 year old grandson refuses to eat any kind of vegetables so for his sleep over I decided to give these a try. I grated and chopped as fine as I could and called them "Big Boy Burgers". The veggies went down and he seemed to really like them much to the surprise of his Mom & Dad! The recipe went home with his Mom.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, stripped and fine chopped
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 scallions, fine chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 small zucchini, fine chopped (or shredded)
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce or 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 vine ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup store bought refrigerated creamy ranch dressing or 1 cup herb salad dressing
- 4 crusty rolls, split