Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Rachael's 2nd book.
Make and share this Rachael Ray's Harvest Turkey Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, stripped and fine chopped
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 scallions, fine chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 small zucchini, fine chopped (or shredded)
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce or 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 vine ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 cup store bought refrigerated creamy ranch dressing or 1 cup herb salad dressing
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl and form into 4 large patties.
- Brush with olive oil and cook 7 minutes each side over medium high heat in nonstick pan.
- Serve on split buns with lettuce, tomato and ranch dressing.
I make these regularly for my husband and I and love them. My 3 year old grandson refuses to eat any kind of vegetables so for his sleep over I decided to give these a try. I grated and chopped as fine as I could and called them "Big Boy Burgers". The veggies went down and he seemed to really like them much to the surprise of his Mom & Dad! The recipe went home with his Mom.
I have been looking for a good recipe for turkey burgers and this is it (although I did make a lot of substitutions based on what I had on hand). I used italian seasoning instead of thyme. And I used grated carrots, onion, and garlic as that was all I had on hand. I'm not exactly sure what it was but these were so good, I didn't even notice they were turkey because of how moist they were. Thanks for posting this.
These were really good - I used carrots, zucchini, and some mushrooms, as well as chopped garlic. Didn't have fresh thyme so I substituted fresh marjoram. They were nice and moist and not dried out at all.