Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has to be one of my all-time favorites! :)
Make and share this Rachael Ray's Grilled Chicken Posole Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon grill mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 2/3 palm full
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme or 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, 1/3 palm full
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 tomatillos, peeled, rinsed and dried then coarsely chopped
- 4 piquillo peppers, drained and diced or 2 roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, with green tops chopped
- 1⁄2 cup drained and chopped green olives
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy, drained
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, eyeball it
- 2 limes, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups tortilla chips (to garnish)
- Preheat grill pan or outdoor grill to high. Coat chicken in extra-virgin olive oil, a generous drizzle. Combine the grill seasoning with cumin and thyme and sprinkle evenly over the chicken. Grill the meat 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and cool until easy to handle.
- While chicken cooks, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, a turn of the pan, the garlic and onion, cook together a few minutes then add the tomatillos. Cook together 3 to 4 minutes just to take the bitter edge off the tomatillo then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the diced peppers, celery, olives and hominy. Dice and add the chicken. Add the hot sauce and the lime juice to the salad and dress with 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it. Toss the salad then add in the tomatillo mixture and combine. Season the salad with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve with bits of tortilla chips as garnish.