Recipe by Shire Born
These have become a family favorite; an easy side dish that is a quick, elegant addition to anything from the Easter spread to a weeknight meal.
Top Review by loof
Very nice way to spruce up the humble green bean! The sauteed onions really made a nice sauce for the beans. Easy to make too - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2012 event, recommended by LifeIsgood
- 2 -3 lbs green beans, trimmed and washed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam beans in an inch of water, covered, for 5 minutes, or until bright green and crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a skillet, melt butter in oil, add onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or under onions are soft.
- Toss with green beans and season with salt and pepper to taste (I like using coarse Kosher salt).