1/7 Photos of Rachael Ray's Flank Steak Pinwheels
Just watched Rachel make this on Food Network. Looks delicious and I wanted to post it before I forgot about it (since it's happy hour)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill or grill pan to high.
- 2To butterfly the flank steak, start with the meat grain running up and down in front of you. With your knife, begin cutting the meat in half. (Essentially, you want a thinner, larger flank steak).
- 3Continue cutting the flank steak in half until you reach about 1 inch from completely cutting through.
- 4Lay the cut flank steak open and even out the middle so there is not a thicker piece in the center. Or just ask the butcher!
- 5Spread the flank steak out so that the grain is running left to right.
- 6Begin layering the flank steak with salt and pepper, the Asiago, then the spinach, the Gorgonzola and scallions.
- 7Begin rolling the flank steak tightly and away from you.
- 8Evenly insert the skewers 1 to 2 inches along the seam of the pinwheel to hold it together on the grill.
- 9Cut in between each skewer but not against the skewer; you want the same amount of meat on either side of each skewer.
- 10Grill the pinwheels on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes or until your desired doneness.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Flank Steak Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 284.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: