Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from 30 minute meals. I use ground beef and Hebrew National hot dogs. These are sooo good!!
Make and share this Rachael Ray's Devilish Chili Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 8 hot dog buns, toasted
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and meat and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown and crumble beef.
- Add Worcestershire, onion, garlic, chili powder, and cook together 5 minute Add tomato sauce and reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile boil franks in shallow pan to warm through, 5 minute
- Drain water and return pan to medium heat.
- Score casings on dogs.
- Melt butter in skillet and add hot sauce.
- Add dogs to pan, browning and crisping the casings in hot sauce and butter.
- Heat broiler.
- Place dogs in buns and top with chili and cheese.
- Place dogs under broiler and melt cheese.
- Serve immediately.
A solid recipe. I would suggest adding a tableapoon of cumin for a southwestern chili, and if out of tomato sauce, a can of tomato soup makes a solid substitute in this recipe. I also added a can of chili beans drained, because I find the chili just works that way. One great dog.
I love this recipe, I've made it several times. I tend to spice things up a bit more in the chili department, but it's delish.
Made this tonight for dinner. Pretty good but chili a little bland. Thanks for sharing a quick dinner for the family.