1/1 Photo of Rachael Ray's Deviled Egg Salad on Pumpernickel
This is not your Mom's egg salad recipe. It's a whole lot better--spicy but creamy. I found this recipe in Rachael Ray's Cooking 'Round the Clock, 30 Minute Meals. Tasty stuff!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup onion (white, grated or minced)
- 1 celery rib (small, from the heart with greens and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green salad olives and pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- black pepper
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1Place eggs in a pot and cover with water.
- 2Bring water to a boil.
- 3Cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let eggs stand 10 minutes.
- 4Drain, then shake the eggs around in pot to crack the shells.
- 5Run eggs under cold water to peel and cool.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine paprika, chili powder, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, mustard, mayonnaise, onion w/juice, celery, chives, and olives.
- 7Coarsely chop eggs and add them to a bowl.
- 8Mix egg salad and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Lightly toast bread and make sandwiches with mounds of deviled egg salad and lettuce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Deviled Egg Salad on Pumpernickel
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.7
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 425.8 mg
- Sodium 865.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 19.3 g