- 2 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, core removed, quartered
- 1 head boston lettuce, leaves separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the tough stems from the mushrooms and brush with a damp towel to clean; slice mushrooms. Chop chicken into small pieces.
- Preheat large skillet to high.
- Add oil to hot pan. add chicken and sear for two minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for another minute. Season with salt and pepper, then add garlic and ginger. Cook for a minute more.
- Grate orange zest into the pan, add bell pepper, water chestnuts, and scallions. Cook for another minute, continuing to stir-fry the mixture.
- Add hoisin sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to serving platter and pile the iceberg wedges along the edge.
- To eat, pile spoonfuls into Boston lettuce leaves and squeeze an orange wedge over. Wrap up and eat.