Recipe by Juenessa
This is such a versatile pizza to make. Instead of ground chicken, you can use diced up chicken breasts; instead of shredded provolone you can use shredded mozzarella. Make as recipe states, or use what you have in the frig--it's a great weeknight meal that can be made in a jiffy.
- 1 pizza crust (store bought pizza dough)
- cornmeal or flour, for dough
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (2 turns of the pan plus a drizzle)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pinches dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 5 -6 leaves fresh basil (torn or shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coat hands and work surface with a little cornmeal or flour.
- Using your hand or a rolling pin, form a 14-inch round pizza.
- Place pizza on a baking sheet or pizza stone and poke the top with a few holes.
- Drizzle a little bit of extra-virgin olive oil down over the dough and place in oven.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add meat and break it up with a wooden spoon.
- To browned meat, add garlic and onions, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook together 5 to 6 minutes then add parsley, red pepper flakes, oregano and the tomatoes to the pan.
- Heat the sauce through.
- Remove pizza from oven after 10 minutes and top with sauce and cheeses.
- Return to oven and bake until golden and bubbly, another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Top the pizza with basil, cut and serve.