I found this recipe in RR's cookbook, 365: No Repeats, but it is definitely a repeat! Rachel's recipe calls for Turkey cutlets but I use chicken. I also added serving it over angel hair pasta. It tastes so special but it is really simple to make. Don't let the long recipe list scare you. The sauce is oh so easy and oh so yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, panko is good
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 -6 chicken breasts, cutlets
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1Heat some olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- 2To the skillet with the onions, add the grape tomatoes and wine. Cook, stirring occaisionally until the tomatoes start to burst and the wine has reduced by half. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3Cook angel hair according to package directions and drain.
- 4While the sauce is cooking, set up the breading stations. Place the flour in a shallow dish. Beat the eggs in a bowl with a splash of water. In a third shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Coat the cutlets in the flour, egg, and breadcrumbs in that order and then cook in a single layer for 3-4 minutes on each side until done and browned. Remove cooked cutlets to a paper-towel lined plate.
- 6Preheat the broiler. Arrange the cutlets on a cookie sheet. Top each cutlet with a little of the warm tomato topping and a little mozzarella cheese. Place the cookie sheet uner the broiler and broil until cheese melts.
- 7Serve over cooked angel hair pasta.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Chicken Cutlet Parmigiano
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 887.2
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 232.2 mg
- Sodium 1035.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 57.7 g