Recipe by hottiecj
Posting this here for safe keeping. I don't normally use Rachael Ray recipes 'cause she mixes sweet and savory flavors a lot and I find that kinda gross. ;) But this one sounded pretty good. I think I'll leave out the nutmeg, tho. If you try it let me know how it turns out. :)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces boursin cheese (or other garlic and herb soft cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (a handful)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour broth into a deep pot.
- Trim leaves and core off head of cauliflower.
- Place head of cauliflower in broth and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and boil covered until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Uncover and mash cauliflower w/potato masher.
- Allow liquid to cook off while you add cheeses and mash all together, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- When all mixed and thickened, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste, and nutmeg, if desired.