Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posting this here for safe keeping. I don't normally use Rachael Ray recipes 'cause she mixes sweet and savory flavors a lot and I find that kinda gross. ;) But this one sounded pretty good. I think I'll leave out the nutmeg, tho. If you try it let me know how it turns out. :)
- Pour broth into a deep pot.
- Trim leaves and core off head of cauliflower.
- Place head of cauliflower in broth and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and boil covered until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Uncover and mash cauliflower w/potato masher.
- Allow liquid to cook off while you add cheeses and mash all together, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- When all mixed and thickened, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste, and nutmeg, if desired.
I just tried the mashed cauliflower and it was very good. I did add some cream cheese since I did not have the other cheese but turned out well with add'l herbs. well done
I love this recipe. I've made it multiple times however without the nutmeg. I'm having it for company tonight and they've never had it before. I feel sure they'll love it.
yummm. i made this with the laughing cow garlic and herb cheese, and omitted the nutmeg...and, forgot the parmesan...turned out wonderful anyway. Great addition or replacement to mashed potatoes :-) thanks for posting