Recipe by FLKeysJen
Caesar salad served in mini bowls made out of Parmigiano - so cute and delicious! You can also fill the cheese bowls with any other type of salad. I saw these on Rachael's holiday open house show with John Cusack.
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus extra for salad
- 1 -2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- anchovy paste, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice of
- fresh ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- On a large nonstick baking sheet, place about 2 tablespoons of the grated cheese in circles about 4 inches across. Place the baking sheet into the oven until the cheese melts and turns golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- While the cheese rounds are in the oven, set up 8 small cups or bowls on your countertop upside down.
- Once the cheese is golden, quickly remove the tray from the oven and, using a small knife or spatula, lift up the cheese rounds and place them over the inverted cups or bowls and allow them to cool. On the show she used an empty egg container but you could also use mini muffin tins.
- While the cheese bowls are cooling, combine the lettuce, anchovy paste, lemon juice and Parmigiano in a mixing bowl. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil, and toss to combine.
- When the cheese cups are completely cooled, arrange them on a serving platter and fill each one with a small scoop of the Caesar salad. Serve immediately.