1/2 Photos of Rachael Ray's Buffalo Chicken Chili
Watched this recipe on TV, my daughter wanted to try it! It looked Yum-o. We did and my husband who is the worst for new food liked it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (you can substitute with chipotles or chipotle chili powder)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4-1/2 cup hot sauce, depending on how hot you like it
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (if you have a big can of tomatoes, don't go to the store to get the sauce, it's fine. Just use what)
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) bag corn chips
- 1 (7 ounce) bag blue corn tortilla chips
- 3/4 lb blue cheese, crumbled, recommended type Maytag Blue
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped (a couple of handfuls)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F or broiler to medium.
- 2Place a large pot over medium-high heat, add 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon, and the butter.
- 3Once the butter has melted and the pot is hot, add the ground chicken.
- 4Brown it, using the back of a wooden spoon to break it up in to small pieces, about 5-6 minutes.
- 5Add the carrot, onion, celery, garlic, paprika, bay leaf and some salt and pepper.
- 6Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes.
- 7Add the chicken stock and scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot.
- 8Add the hot sauce, tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes, and bring up to a bubble.
- 9Simmer for 8-10 minutes to let the flavors come together.
- 10While the chili is simmering, spread the yellow and blue corn chips out on a cookie sheet.
- 11Top with the crumbled blue cheese and transfer to the oven to melt the cheese, about 4-5 minutes.
- 12If using the broiler, 2-3 minutes should do the trick.
- 13Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- 14Top each serving of buffalo chicken chili with a few blue cheese-topped corn chips.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Buffalo Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (819 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1277.8
- Calories from Fat 579
- Total Fat 64.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 214.3 mg
- Sodium 3266.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 84.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
blue corn tortilla chips