Recipe by Cristin
Saw Rachael Ray for 30 Minute Meals make these. I thought it would be something different for Christmas Eve dinner, since my DH loves them and I always refuse to make them. Not these...they are DELICIOUS! Even my two year old son loves them!
Top Review by Catta
This is pretty good, but I was hoping the bacon and onion flavors would be more well blended into the sprouts. I'm still also not partial to a boiled sprout. I thought I'd give it a shot, since I haven't had boiled sprouts since I was a kid and this looked like a really good recipe, but I still don't like them. If you like that, it's fine...but just not for me.
- 3 slices chopped bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small Brussels sprouts, trimmed but left whole
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown bacon.
- When crisp, remove bacon from pan and drain fat.
- Add the olive oil and shallots and saute 1-2 minutes.
- When shallots are tender, add brussels sprouts and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium high heat until they are soft.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan and turn heat down to medium low.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Top with bacon and serve.