Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy salad that is perfect with any Mexican dish.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes for corn to fully defrost and flavors to combine, then toss and serve.
- The corn will place a quick chill on this easy side-salad as it defrosts--no need to refrigerate!
I made this recipe for DH for his lunches. He told me it's really good and filling. I omitted the red onion, because he prefers without. I used chipotle tabasco. And lemon juice because I didn't have limes. Thanks rickoholic :) Made for PAC Fall 2012
Yay! So easy! Looks lovely! Tastes even better! I made it also without the tabasco or cumin and added cilantro and celery and it was still super yummy!
This is a great recipe to use on chicken burritos / soft tacos to amp up the flavor without adding a lot of calories. We are trying to eat healthier, and we will be using this recipe plenty.