Recipe by Lil' Miss Nikki
I saw this on 30 Minute Meals yesterday and just had to get this recipe! I haven't tried it yet but hey, it's from Rachael Ray! How can you go wrong!! I'll update once I try it!
Top Review by The Normans
Decadence at it's best. This was very rich. We did like it, however would probably only be able to eat it every now and then. One other thing we would try, is to leave out the flour and mustard in the gravy. It ended up a little thick. Also, the numerous flavours may have the chance to shine a bit more if there were less of them. Overall though - YUM!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced on bias
- 4 slices bacon, good-quality center cut
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Butterfly the chicken breast pieces by cutting across the breast but not all the way through. Open the breasts up and pound lightly between parchment paper. Peel paper away and season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Cover the seasoned chicken cutlets with blue cheese crumbles, pecans and scallions in equal amounts. Roll the chicken, wrap each roll with bacon and secure with toothpicks. Season the outside of the rolls with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken evenly all over, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a small baking sheet, place in the oven and cook 10 minutes more.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet pan the chicken was seared in over medium heat. Whisk in flour, cook 1 minute then whisk in stock. Let thicken a minute then whisk in the half-and-half and grain mustard, season with salt and pepper, reduce heat to warm.
- Halve the chicken and stack to show off the center. Set chicken in gravy or pour over top. Serve with rice and greens, if desired.