Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this one on FoodNetwork.com!
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup cider or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a skillet, heat a drizzle of oil over medium-high heat, when hot add bacon and pepper and cook the bacon until crisp, 5 minutes.
- Add beans to bacon and cook about 3 to 5, tossing.
- Season with vinegar and sugar prior to serving.
Great way to cook beans. I steamed the beans for about five mins, and then followed the directions as listed. Big hit in my family!!
Easy and fun to cook, and looks great on the plate; a nice match and a huge improvement over regular steamed green beans. We wished for some garlic and also found it necessary to steam them a little at the end (by adding the vinegar and sugar to the hot skillet and covering it for a minute). Made for Pick A Chef, April 09.
Simple and full of flavour, a lovely way to eat beans! I did steam mine beforehand, since DH prefers beans well-cooked. Thankyou JGG, a lovely recipe!