Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from Rachael Ray's Everyday with Rachael Ray. I had some extra jam from my blackberry bushes left and wanted to use it up. I made mine on the grill while she did hers in the oven. I like to boil my baby backs for around 1/2 hours then place them on the grill and brush the sauce on them. This sauce is sweet with a kick (the chili powder).
- Place ribs in extra large pot.
- Cover with water and boil for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pot and pat dry.
- Stir together chili powder, salt and pepper and rub the mixture all over the ribs.
- Place on grill over medium to medium low heat, meaty side up, and cook 10 to 15 minutes.
- While ribs are on the grill, in a small saucepan, combine the jam, ketchup, steak sauce and vinegar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the glaze comes to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the hot sauce.
- Brush glaze on the ribs and cook for 10 to 15 minutes longer until ribs are well done and glazed.
- Slice into individual ribs.