I saw this prepared on 30 Minute Meals and am posting it to try later. When I prepared this, I mixed in about 2 tablespoons of italian dressing with the toppings and put the "salad" on just before serving. Tastes great that way too!
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 -3 dashes black pepper, a few grinds
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 slices genoa salami, chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons banana pepper rings, chopped or 2 -3 tablespoons chopped hot bell peppers, of any kind chopped
- 1⁄4 cup artichoke hearts or 1⁄4 cup marinated mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive (green or black good quality coarsely chopped)
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Press dough onto baking sheet and top with garlic, cheeses, and pepper flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, and bake 15 to 18 minutes.
- Top the cooked pizza with lettuce, salami, roasted peppers, hot peppers, artichokes or mushrooms and olives, cut into squares and serve.