Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this recipe on the Rachel Ray websight and it sounded like the perfect idea for the picnic Id been planning
- 566.99 g hamburger meat
- 29.58 ml dill pickle relish
- 29.58 ml steak sauce
- 14.79 ml grill seasoning
- 4.92 ml sweet paprika
- 10 soft dinner rolls, split
- 473.18 ml lettuce, chopped
- 1 yellow onion (skinned,finely chopped)
- 118.29 ml ranch dressing
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- Pre-heat grill pan or outdoor grill to high. Mix meat and next dill pickle relish, steak sauce, grill seasoning and paprika. Divide meat in half and score each half into five pieces. Roll the meat into balls then squish it into small, thin patties, about three inches across (a total of 10 patties). To make a double batch or more, meat can be made into patties ahead of time and placed on cookie sheets to store up to 24 hours.
- Cook on the grill for about 2-3 minutes each side for medium doneness. These patties can also be baked on cookie sheets in pre-heated 400°F oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While burgers are cooking, make the Special Sauce: combine ranch dressing with ketchup and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Serve on dinner rolls with chopped lettuce, chopped onion and Special Sauce.
- Add additional toppings as desired.
- Additional Toppings (optional):.
- Sliced cheeses: cheddar, pepperoni cheddar, pepper Jack, swiss
- Sliced tomatoes
- Yellow mustard
- Blue cheese dressing
- Sweet red pepper relish.