Prep 0 mins
Cook 16 mins
Stretch your buck with these burgers
Make and share this Rachael Ray Turkey and Bean Burrito Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin (half a palmful)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander (half a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 lettuce leaves (red leaf)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 rolls, split
- Combine rice, meat and beans with spices and grill seasoning. Form 4 big patties from the meat and bean mixture then heat 1 tablespoon oil, a turn of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties 7-8 minutes on each side.
- While burgers cook, combine avocado with garlic, lime zest and juice, jalapeno and red onion. Mash to roughly combine, then stir in the sour cream.
- Place burgers on buns with lettuce and tomato and top with sour cream guacamole.
So I have made this a few times and like the flavor but have a problem with them falling apart. A friend suggested adding an egg to hold them together. Any one else having this problem?
These were very hearty! The cumin and chili powder really enhances the flavor. I did use barley (out of rice) and mixed all ingred. in my food processor, since barley does not hold together as well as rice. Thanks for posting- Roxygirl