Recipe by Amy Martin KV
From EveryDay with Rachael magazine. This might be a good alternative for people who like green beans, but want something lighter than the usual Thanksgiving Day green bean dish.
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet, on medium, until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels. In same skillet (off stove), add Worcestershire sauce, sugar, mustard, and Tabasco. Put skillet on high heat and add green beans, tossing with tongs, for about 6 minutes. Stir in red peppers and half of the bacon, for about a minute. Top with the rest of the bacon.