1/1 Photo of Rachael Ray - Sourdough Croutons
This recipe orginally came with Rachael's San Fran-Caesar Salad. Since I make my own croutons now, I think this is by far my favorite. I usually double or triple the recipe, adjusting the herbs and seasoning to taste. (I don't triple the black pepper but usually leave it at 1 teaspoon and use about 1 c. parmesan cheese.) I also use any kind of bread that I have available...even hotdog or hamburger buns.) Using herbs from my garden I will use fresh thyme, parsley, rosemary, red and sweet basil and chives, chopped fine (all together or whatever I have on hand.) I am typing her orginal recipe, so adjust to your own taste. My grandkids will eat these just as a snack...enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Heat garlic and oil over low heat and melt butter into the oil.
- 3Place the bread in a large bowl and toss with garlic oil and butter.
- 4Season with pepper, Parmesan and thyme.
- 5Spread croutons evenly on baking sheet and bake until crisp and golden. (15 - 25 minutes).
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray - Sourdough Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.7
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 212.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g