Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was reading my HEALTH magazine today and I was reading about this Rachael Ray recipe. It can be found at www.health.com/rachaelray website. Here is what the website says: From celeb chef Rachael Ray’s new book Yum-o! The Family Cookbook Get the book at Yum-o!, a nonprofit organization the celeb chef founded to eradicate hunger in the United States and empower families to develop healthy eating habits. All proceeds go to Yum-o! The secret ingredient in this mac-n-cheese is Dijon mustard. Cooking time is estimated. UPDATE NOTE: For a little extra flavor, perhaps a little garlic powder?
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta, cooked to al dente
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets and steamed until almost tender, 6-7 minutes
- In a saucepot, melt the butter over medium-low heat, add flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in chicken stock and milk. Thicken the sauce for 5 minutes and stir in cheese, season with salt and pepper and stir in the secret ingredient (the mustard).
- Toss sauce with whole wheat pasta and cauliflower. YUM-O!
Very good! I used 1 1/2 chicken stock cubes for 1 cup of water and this was not a bland dish. Mustard was a nice touch.
This was just OK. It was bland in my opinion so I added some garlic powder which helped.