Perfect for a Moroccan menu.
Make and share this Rachael Ray’s Vegetable Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 2 1⁄4 cups couscous
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- mediterranean flat bread
- Place a large saucepan over med-high heat; add in the first 5 ingredients; season with salt and pepper.
- Saute and stir frequently for 7-8 minutes.
- Add in pumpkin and broth; stir to combine.
- Add in cumin and coriander; bring broth to a boil.
- Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then remove lid and fluff couscous using a fork.
- Remove bay leaf and add in chopped tomato, cilantro, and parsley.
- Toss mixture and transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve with warm Mediterranean flat breads.